Dardenne Dudes

Monday, November 17, 2008

Picture Day

Today was Picture Day at Pre-School. One of the parents volunteered to come to school and take pictures of all the children, including a class picture. There was an information sheet that was given out a few days ago. I ended up e-mailing the parent letting her know about my stubborn child and that if he didn't cooperate that it was ok. When I picked up Michael from school his teachers told me that they were able to get his picture, although he wasn't very cooperative for the class picture. They said in one shot he had his back to the camera and in another shot he had his hands over his face. Yes. This is my stubborn child.

So this afternoon I got out my camera to take some pictures of some craft projects I've been working on. I went to take a picture of Madilyn in the exersaucer and Michael was standing right there. He told me that I couldn't take a picture of the baby, I had to take a picture of him. I snapped a few shots. He would jump in the air and say cheese and then I would take his picture. I didn't need a moving shot, just a still photo of his crazy faces.

I then went to take the pictures of my craft projects. Nope. Not yet. Had to take more pictures of Michael. This time we had to include the blue truck. Notice how Michael is sitting on the blue truck. And, yes. Those are PJ's he has on. He peed in his clothes earlier so we changed into PJ's. They are easier to get on and off when using the potty.



Finally I made it outside to take the pictures I have been trying to take all along. Now we had to include the beenie (that would be his blue blanket) in the pictures. Luckily for me the beenie had to be placed over his head (yes...he told me it had to cover his eyes, ears, and face) so I was able to snap the few photos I had been meaning to take. While the beenie was over his head Michael asked if I had taken a picture of Bruno (who happened to be outside on the front porch with us). I lied and said yes, but there is no photo of Bruno. Sorry.

So the moral of this story is that my child only likes to do things when he wants to do them. I have no clue where he picked up that trait. I'm totally not like that and Matt is so easy going. Neither one of us is stubborn AT ALL. Must be some genetic deformity.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


3 happy comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! I love 3-year-old attitudes. I want to see the pictures of the crafts too ;)!!

Myrna said...

HA!! that's my boy!! I love it--you are gonna have your hands full.

Myrna said...

I forgot to mention that I can sure see lots of Matt in some of these pictures. What kid!!