Dardenne Dudes

Friday, January 30, 2009

$100 Trash Can?

Bruno has discovered a new trick. He now knocks over the trash can in the kitchen and "Dumpster Dives" for food scraps. Dumb dog. He does it whenever we are out of the house, although I caught him this morning right after my shower.

So I decided it was time to buy a new trash can. Ours was looking pretty shabby anyway. But, who wants to spend money on a TRASH CAN? I mean, COME ON! I went to Target to see what they had. This is what I found...

Isn't it beautiful? It fits so nicely in my kitchen. I love the way it opens. It makes it much easier for me to access our sliding glass door (because that's where the trash can sits). And it matches my appliances. So pretty.

So yes. I have just spent $100 on a new trash can. Think of all the diapers and formula I could have bought with that money. Or scrapbook supplies! Or food! Or a trip to the grocery store by myself!

And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Actually, I didn't teach him this trick, I think he is getting smarter. WATCH OUT!

1 happy comments:

kelsey said...

Love your trashcan! I so want one like that! I've looked at them many times... It does seem funny to spend money on something like that though. I bought a new dirty clothes hamper, for $50, and Joey just about flipped out. It's a for DIRTY clothes, he says... Yeah, but it still needs to look nice on the outside, right? At least you had a good reason for getting your new item...:)