Dardenne Dudes

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Photography Skills

I've seen many of my friends take these amazing pictures of their children and post them on their blogs lately. They are beautiful pictures in black and white and I just love looking at them. I thought I'd test my photography skills and try to take some of my own. Here are the results.
Just so you know, it's best to have your photography subject well rested and fed. This child here was fed, but not well rested. This resulted in some tears.

I guess I'll have to try again after nap time is over.


2 happy comments:

Myrna said...

I love the black and white! And your subject is as cute as ever, tears and all!!

kelsey said...

Love the little tear! Super cute pictures, super cute girl! I find that when I do "photo shoots", I take ALOT of photos (like 100s, thanks to the digital camera) and only a few really turn out...

A couple tips that I've learned (that you probably know too...). Try taking them next to a bright window (south facing for us) without any shade (like a porch or something) and try to keep the flash off. Let the light from the window light them up. Another tip I just learned; you want to have a reflection in their eyes. If there isn't and their eyes are too dark, try turning them towards the light source. Just keep practicing (my kids are really starting to hate the sight of my camera;) and check out professional photographer blogs (I have a few listed on my blog). That is where I find lots of tips and ideas.