Dardenne Dudes

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break Vacation

The kids and I just returned home after being gone for almost 2 weeks. We flew out to sunny California to visit my family.
The first weekend I was there we went up to Tenaya Lodge, which is just outside the gates to Yosemite National Park. My Dad was putting on a one day conference there and my siblings and I and the grandkids were the dinner entertainment. These are some snapshots before the show. Here is Robin. She was the most entertaining.
Michael and Trent. They were pretty goofy.





Miss Madilyn spent most of the night like this.....on my shoulder. Both kids and I were still on Denver time and with no naps that day it was a long night. Madilyn didn't want to loose sight of me.



Then we spent the next week just hanging out. The weather was BEAUTIFUL. The kids LOVED LOVED LOVED to be outside. We really didn't do much but play. It was nice not to have to think about what was for dinner or if the bathrooms needed to be cleaned.
On Sunday (March 28) we celebrated Easter a week early. Since I was in town we decided it would be fun to have an Easter egg hunt and a nice dinner. Before the egg hunt we tried to take pictures of all the grandkids together. Here is what Madilyn did the whole photo shoot.




She and Camille were not very happy about getting their picture taken. Although, she got happier and really enjoyed the Easter egg hunt.



Now we are home again. Back to laundry, cleaning, more laundry, and a bit more cleaning. I'm ready to go back to California. =)

1 happy comments:

The Crazy Coxes said...

I wondered where you were?
The kids look so cute in their Easter finery - even when they are crying! Too cute!