Dardenne Dudes

Monday, June 14, 2010

Last 8 Days Recap

WHEW! Another crazy, but fun filled week we have had around here. Let's begin last Monday (June 7). Matt celebrated another birthday. We are keeping this one quiet because he has now entered a new decade. He and I no longer have the same first number for our age. We had a nice evening out with the kids. Nothing fancy, nothing spectacular, just a nice time.

Tuesday was pretty normal. Did a bit of house cleaning.

Wednesday I found Madilyn eating her Popsicle on the couch like this...




She was also watching TV. She can now open the freezer door, and if you store Popsicle in her eyesight, she gets them and brings them to you to open. Smart cookie this girl!



Wednesday night Matt and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary. Our actual anniversary didn't occur until Sunday, June 13, but we celebrated a few days before. We went out to dinner with some friends (had a GREAT time) then headed up to Red Rocks Amphitheater to see Sting in concert. I've always liked Sting. I know most all his songs and can sing them for you if you ask (but don't ask), so I was VERY excited about this concert. I'm not one for concerts, but the atmosphere at Red Rocks is awesome. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute (minus a few minutes of crazy).

We had pretty good seats. I had my little camera with me and used the zoom all the way. Not a bad pic.



Thursday was the last and final day of preschool for Michael. This is him with his teacher Ms. Sameena. She was great. We had her this year and last year, so she has really been able to see Michael grow. We are very thankful for her and will miss her next year when Michael heads to Kindergarten!

Thursday afternoon we headed to the airport for our weekend in Arkansas. Matt's cousin Laura was getting married and it was our chance to go and visit Matt's family. Unfortunately, we missed our flight. We got stuck in traffic on the way there (I swear I left in plenty of time) and were 5 minutes too late for the airline to check our bags. There wasn't any way we could carry our bags on, so we were kinda stuck. After a few hours of dealing with Travelocity (NEVER book through them.....NEVER) and the airline agents we were able to get on a flight to Fayetteville, Arkansas. We would have liked to get on a flight to Little Rock, which is where we were originally flying to, but the next flight was overbooked. So we spent a few extra hours in the Denver airport.




Thank you Steve Jobs for creating the iPhone and iPod. My kids were happy to just hang out for a bit.




FINALLY we made it to Arkansas and met up with Matt's parents. We had a great evening on Friday night with family members and a bit of fishing in Matt's Dad's pond.

Saturday was the wedding. It was very nice. The bride was beautiful, the ceremony was nice and everyone was thankful we could make it. Madilyn looked gorgeous!!!! Matt's Mom bought his this pretty dress to wear and Madilyn ate it up (not litteraly, but you get what I mean).


We took a few family pictures. You will have to excuse the bad hair and makeup.....it was very humid there in Arkansas and I don't do humid well.


Here's Matt's parents with us. I swear I'm not pregnant in this photo, so don't get any crazy ideas in your head. It's just the bad camera angle and the way I was standing in this particular dress. I'm also not pregnant now as I'm typing this. Just FYI.



At the wedding reception, there was a Photo Booth. All of the guests were invited to take a few pictures. There were crazy hats, glasses and masks for people to wear and when the pictures printed you got a picture frame too. Here is what Matt and I did. It was fun.



It took Michael a few times to figure out where to look. We also tried to get Madilyn in the booth too, but no such luck. Here's Michael's best picture.


And finally at the end of the night this sweet girl passed out. She was sooooooooo tired.


Sunday (June 13) we headed back home to Colorado. We are all very happy to be home, the kids especially. Madilyn slept in until 10:00am this morning, which meant I got to sleep in too!!!

Now school is out, summer is here (although the weather in CO has been kinda wacky) and we are FREE! Free to do whatever we like!!! WOO HOO! Lazy days here we come!

2 happy comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry for your missed flight. If you would have come home, we could've chatted for a while. :)

I think your dress is very cute. And so is Madilyn's. Thanks again for letting us stay at your place!

Myrna said...

Whew...I'm exhausted just reading about your adventure. I love the pictures of the kids! Great looking famiy!!