Dardenne Dudes

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Jet Lag is NO Fun

We have arrived home from our week long vacation in Paradise. Our flight was a Red Eye that left at 10pm. I think I drifted off to sleep a few times on the plane, but it wasn't a restful sleep. Matt didn't do any better. The kids each had their Pillow Pets and slept very well. We arrived the next morning at 8am. We were about an hour early in landing, guess we caught a good tail wind. And so...we are home.


We were all pretty beat by the lack of sleep, so we just rested today. I went to the grocery store since there was NO food whatsoever at our house. I was able to catch a 4 hour nap (very nice) but now I'm paying for it.


When you think of Jet Lag, you think of a big gap in the time difference. Well, let me tell you that even a measly 4 hour difference can be horrible! Matt, Madilyn and I are all up and it's 12:45am. Michael is the only lucky one who is able to sleep anywhere, anytime. So, here I am, updating the blog. Might as well do something useful. I thought about doing laundry....but who wants to do laundry at midnight? We haven't even opened the suitcases yet.


It's nice to be home, to be in my own bed, with my own pillow. Hopefully soon this Jet Lag will be over and I can get my body clock back to normal. Until then, here's a few more pictures from our trip.







We had a professional photographer come and take our family pictures. Each family unit had matching Hawaiian shirts. Just in case you were wondering why we all were matching in these photos.









Sure wish I was still in Hawaii.

1 happy comments:

Annie said...

Hopefully you got some rest today! And I love Michael's blue lips in the pool (?) picture!!
Glad you had fun in HI but jet lag is just pay back for not taking me with you!! and I am not at all jealous by the way :)