It's official.
The mold has been broken.
No longer do my children come out looking the same.
We have a baby with RED hair.

I'm still in shock myself. Of course it's possible for someone in my family to have a redheaded child. My niece has red hair. My sister and brother have red hair.
I just didn't think it would be me.
Neither did Matt.
But, baby Seth has arrived! 4 weeks early too!
And we sure do love having him around.

It all began on Monday morning. EARLY Monday morning. I was sleeping nice and peacefully when all of a sudden my water broke. I've never had my water break before.
It was an interesting experience.
My contractions then began and were about 3-4 minutes apart. After talking with the doctor we headed to the hospital. The car ride was fun. Contractions were now about 2 minutes apart. It takes 30 minutes to get to the hospital.
We arrived just fine. I was admitted and shortly later baby Seth was born.
I won't bore you with gory details of my birthing story. Just know that I'm SuperWoman. Because things progressed so rapidly there wasn't any time for drugs (not that I didn't ask for them). I did this "all natural". See? I told you I'm SuperWoman.


The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby. They ask to hold him all the time.
They are both very good helpers. It's very sweet.
Seth is a FANTASTIC baby! He is eating and sleeping well. I'm very lucky.
Here are his stats.
Seth Edward Dardenne
July 18, 2011
8:22am
6 lbs 10 oz
20" long


It's been quite the crazy week. Not one of us was prepared for Seth to arrive this early. I didn't even have a bag packed for the hospital. My due date was August 14, so I thought I still had a few weeks to go.
It is wonderful though.
Now...off to change a diaper.
The mold has been broken.
No longer do my children come out looking the same.
We have a baby with RED hair.

I'm still in shock myself. Of course it's possible for someone in my family to have a redheaded child. My niece has red hair. My sister and brother have red hair.
I just didn't think it would be me.
Neither did Matt.
But, baby Seth has arrived! 4 weeks early too!And we sure do love having him around.

It all began on Monday morning. EARLY Monday morning. I was sleeping nice and peacefully when all of a sudden my water broke. I've never had my water break before.
It was an interesting experience.
My contractions then began and were about 3-4 minutes apart. After talking with the doctor we headed to the hospital. The car ride was fun. Contractions were now about 2 minutes apart. It takes 30 minutes to get to the hospital.
We arrived just fine. I was admitted and shortly later baby Seth was born.
I won't bore you with gory details of my birthing story. Just know that I'm SuperWoman. Because things progressed so rapidly there wasn't any time for drugs (not that I didn't ask for them). I did this "all natural". See? I told you I'm SuperWoman.


The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby. They ask to hold him all the time.
They are both very good helpers. It's very sweet.
Seth is a FANTASTIC baby! He is eating and sleeping well. I'm very lucky.
Here are his stats.Seth Edward Dardenne
July 18, 2011
8:22am
6 lbs 10 oz
20" long


It's been quite the crazy week. Not one of us was prepared for Seth to arrive this early. I didn't even have a bag packed for the hospital. My due date was August 14, so I thought I still had a few weeks to go.
It is wonderful though.
Now...off to change a diaper.

7 happy comments:
Oh, congrats Ashli! He is absolutely SO precious. And way to go all natural (even if it wasn't your choice)! Definitely something to brag about;).
It's funny...I woke up this morning thinking about you and wondering when your baby was due...:)
Congrats Ashli!! He is SUCH a cutie!! I love his red hair! Wait to go!!
natural is the way to go! Congrats on making it happen :)...I didn't chose to do it my first time either but have with the next 2! He is adorable with wonderful red hair!
I love his red hair, he is so adorable! It looks like everyone is loving him! Congratulations!
I bow to you, you superwoman. All natural, wow! Congratulations, he's adorable. Love that red hair!
What a cute little person! Congratulations! So glad everything went well - if you call not being able to get drugs "going well". But so glad that he's here!
Wow-I always have known you to be a super woman! :) He is adorable. Hope things are going well!
Post a Comment