So let the grocery shopping begin!!! I told Michael we could get some candy at the store. Yes, I bribe my child. All the time actually. He thought we were going to the toy store at first. He knows Target as the toy store. I had to tell him this was where we bought food and there were no toys here. I lied. There really are toys at the grocery store but Michael doesn't need to know that. We did really well. Michael was great at "helping" me put things in the cart. He stayed by my side at all times. Madilyn did well too. She got a bit fussy a few times. She probably didn't like leaning to the side all the time. But, all in all, we made it. We did loose a sock in the process. So if you happen to see a white baby sock with pastel stripes on it at King Soopers at Arapahoe Crossings, let me know. I'm not worried about the sock. I can sacrifice a baby sock for the cause of food.
Michael got to pick out some candy as promised. We we got home I was exhausted. I unloaded the groceries, but only put the perishables away and left everything else out on the counter. I put Madilyn down for a nap and a little bit later put Michael down too. He had been eating his candy before his nap and wanted to take it to bed with him. Who am I to argue with an almost 4 year old about candy when they are tired? So I let him take it to bed. I laid down for a nap too. When I checked on Michael a few hours later this is what I found...

Notice the candy box and wrappers? Yup. The kid had eaten all the candy. Cute thing.
So now I know that I can do ANYTHING. Ok, I knew that before but now I REALLY know it. HAHA. I think I'm still going to try to go to the grocery store alone. If I loose a sock everytime I go we may not have any more matching pairs left. But now we have food...until next week.

1 happy comments:
Way to go! I'm proud of you for giving this a shot!
Post a Comment