WHAT! Michael is 5 years old! Where did the time go?
We started the birthday festivities on Saturday while Matt's parents were still here to celebrate with us. This was the Star Wars Birthday. Since before Michael was born Matt has been collecting Star Wars action figures for him. We had a whole box full (I mean like 25+) that we had been saving for when Michael turns 5. He also got to watch the original Star Wars movies and learn the truth about Darth Vader.
First we sang and had Michael blow out his candle on his cake. Like my cake decorating? Michael wanted a Darth Vader cake. You can't buy a Darth Vader cake pan anywhere. They just don't make them anymore and I wasn't going to spend $50 on E-Bay. So I went to Costco and picked up this awesome dinosaur cake. Then I put a whole Star Wars battle scene on top with the action figures. Thanks to Cyndi for her idea. It worked out quite well.
Madilyn enjoyed eating the cake.


Then we opened presents. This would be the coveted X Wing Fighter Jet. We had "hid" it in our closet, but not very well because Michael saw it all the time. We told him that it was Daddy's X Wing Jet. Michael kept telling us that he wanted an X Jet. So when he opened it he shouted "Daddy's X Wing!!!!!" He was so happy.



We went out to dinner that night and enjoyed the rest of the day playing with Star Wars toys. I think Matt may have had more fun playing with the toys then Michael did.
So today is actually Michael's birthday. We had a friend birthday party at Pump-It-Up. Here is Michael before any friends had arrived. He was running around on a sugar high because all he had to eat was candy this afternoon.

The best part of Pump-It-Up is the slide. A big giant blow up slide that you go super fast down. Here is Michael at the top.

Coming down...

And down...

Here I am. I took Madilyn down, along with two other boys, Dakota and Luke. Dakota was a bit frightened to go down alone. I'm not sure how Luke got there. I think he just appeared and went down with us.

Here is my neighbor Annie with her two sons Gunnar and Tyton.

The best part of Pump-It-Up is the slide. A big giant blow up slide that you go super fast down. Here is Michael at the top.

Coming down...

And down...

Here I am. I took Madilyn down, along with two other boys, Dakota and Luke. Dakota was a bit frightened to go down alone. I'm not sure how Luke got there. I think he just appeared and went down with us.

Here is my neighbor Annie with her two sons Gunnar and Tyton.











4 happy comments:
Happy Birthday Michael! Hey, is that a funfetti cupcake that Madilyn is eating? I know that's yours and Cyndi's favorite cake! LOL!
Happy Birthday Michael! Looks like a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Michael! I've never seen that cake at Costco before--it's adorable!
Happy Birthday Michael. By the way, I have that Darth Vader cake pan. Jeremy's mom got it when he was little and gave it to me. I will send it to you next year if you remind me.
Post a Comment