The kids and I are in California visiting my family. We decided to go to the park this morning to let the little boys run around and hopefully get all their energy out. The park is very close to my parents house and is only a few years old. It's a FANTASTIC park. I even went down the slide and played around. I guess I'm still a kid at heart.

This is Robin. Rachel met us at the park with Robin and her two dogs, Monty and Lucy.


And here is Trent. He will actually sit still and smile for the camera! You notice I had to chase my child around (look at the above picture) to get a good photo.
The North Central Fire District Fire Station happens to be RIGHT NEXT to the park we went to. My Dad helped get the Fire Station located in Kerman (my home town) back in 1984. His name is on a plaque by the front door. We just walked in and asked if we could have a tour for the little boys. We met Fireman Eric (pictured below) and he showed us everything.
The very last part of the tour was to see the fire engine and the fire truck. There is a difference (if you didn't know). The fire engine carrys water, about 860 gallons or something like that and the fire truck has a little bit of water (like 300 gallons or something like that) but mostly tools and the big ladder. See! You learn something new every day. Michael was very excited to sit in the fire engine.
And here is Michael trying on the fireman's jacket.
After all the excitement we came home and took naps. Madilyn and I slept for 2 and 1/2 hours and Michael slept for 3 hours. So, I guess the trip's objective worked out.

This is Robin. Rachel met us at the park with Robin and her two dogs, Monty and Lucy. 

And here is Trent. He will actually sit still and smile for the camera! You notice I had to chase my child around (look at the above picture) to get a good photo.
The North Central Fire District Fire Station happens to be RIGHT NEXT to the park we went to. My Dad helped get the Fire Station located in Kerman (my home town) back in 1984. His name is on a plaque by the front door. We just walked in and asked if we could have a tour for the little boys. We met Fireman Eric (pictured below) and he showed us everything.
After all the excitement we came home and took naps. Madilyn and I slept for 2 and 1/2 hours and Michael slept for 3 hours. So, I guess the trip's objective worked out. 
3 happy comments:
What a fun day! I hope you guys are having a fun trip!
oh, and the sun is warm and shining, what a great day! Where are the pictures of you running around and having fun??? I wanna see those! What a fun day. I saw that park for the first time last fall, it's a great park!!
How fun! I haven't been to Cali in 6 years. Enjoy.
Post a Comment