Dardenne Dudes

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fun in the Backyard


Madilyn, Michael and I are here in California visiting my family. Matt takes the Bar Exam on July 28 & 29 (prayers always welcome), so we decided to come to CA while he took the exam. Maybe without us around it won't be as stressful for him...HA!


It's been 105 degrees or hotter this past week in Kerman and Fresno. YUCK! Although, with central AC and the pool it's not too bad. I don't know if I could ever live in Arizona. Anyway, the kids were outside playing last night and I was able to capture some CUTE pics. The older girls (Allyson and Amanda) were blowing bubbles for the little girls (Robin, Camille, and Madilyn). It was adorable.


So here is Madilyn. She was having a blast outside. Just walking around everywhere thinking she was hot stuff. I'm not sure if she was hot stuff but I do know it was hot! Hehe.
Here is Camille. She was super cute. I said to everyone "say cheese" as I took the picture and she sat there and said "cheese" with the most adorable smile. She is growing up too fast.
Amanda wanted her own picture and this is her pose.
Here is Amanda and Michael.
Michael, Amanda, and Allyson.
Here are the kids on the picnic table blowing the bubbles. You can see Robin standing up on the table. Take a look at Michael's face. Wonder what he was thinking.
And of course, Madilyn again. She was doing something crazy here.
It's sure fun to be with my family. We always have a good time together.



On a side note: Michael's ankle is healing quite well. Michael tore the blister off and then it scabbed over, which he also picked off. Guess it's a kid thing. But we don't even have to put a band-aid on it anymore. The mysterious rash is also gone. Guess we will never know what really happened.



2 happy comments:

kelsey said...

We'll be praying for Matt. I'm sure he'll do great! And glad to hear Michael's ankle is doing well too.

I agree, not sure I could live in AZ. And I grew up there! My aunt in Mesa has 2 ACs for their house, pays upwards of $600 a month in just electric bills in the summer and can only keep the house just above 80 degrees. Yeah, not so fun. But they do have a pool, so that helps...;) Enjoy your time in Cali with family. Looks like you're having fun!

Annie said...

sounds like you are having fun! call me when you get back... i need a play date!