What a week this has been!!! Let me tell you about it. It all began on Monday morning. I had just dropped of Michael at preschool and was on my way home when I decided it would be fun to become a hitchhiker.
It's something I've always wanted to try. I mean, why spend money on gas for your own car when you can bum a ride off someone else for free? Just seems like sometimes life forces you to try out things you wouldn't have normally done unless put in that situation. See, what really happened is my car broke down. It looked a lot like this...
It was just Madilyn and I and of course Madilyn didn't have any shoes on and I had forgotten my cell phone. Madilyn was screaming in the backseat because the car wouldn't start up again. (Not really)

I managed to pull my car off to the side of the road. I was in a residential neighborhood so I decided to get out and walk to some random house and make a phone call. My plan was to call Matt because that was the only number I had memorized. Luckily a really nice lady stopped as she saw me and Madilyn walking away from the car and asked if she could give us a ride. I think God was watching over me because this lady was really nice and took Madilyn and I home.
So now what? Michael is at school and I'm home and I have no car. Thankfully I have FANTASTIC neighbors and they let me borrow their car to go back and pick up Michael when school got over.

So, because my car wouldn't start and was just hanging out on the side of the road I had to call a tow truck.
And the really nice tow truck and tow truck guy came and took my car to the dealership so that it could get fixed.
And now I was stranded again. No car, two kids, stuck at home...when all of a sudden I ran in to 7 pirates!!!







Good thing they were cute pirates hua! Since I all of a sudden had all this "free" time I decided to put these pirates on a quilt. Actually, I have a baby shower coming up and wanted to make something cute so I embroidered these pirates then put the quilt together.

On Tuesday night Matt came home from work and wasn't feeling too well. By 10:00pm Matt was looking a bit pale and ended up throwing up. He stayed home from work on Wednesday and watched movies on the couch. He looked a lot like this...

All this time I was really bummed about not having a car. It was going to cost a lot of money to get my car fixed. Matt loves me very much so he just went and bought me a new car. Don't you just love the red color?
HA! I wish. Actually, the good news came on Thursday morning when we got a call that the car was fixed for less money then what was originally quoted to us. I guess some spring had come loose in the compression valve. Now, I know NOTHING about cars so I think that was what was wrong, but really that's all I remember.
And that was my week. We are wrapping it up by doing laundry and running a few errands in my car that actually works now. I've learned my lesson......NEVER leave home without your cell phone. AND.....NEVER leave home without shoes for your children.
It's something I've always wanted to try. I mean, why spend money on gas for your own car when you can bum a ride off someone else for free? Just seems like sometimes life forces you to try out things you wouldn't have normally done unless put in that situation. See, what really happened is my car broke down. It looked a lot like this...
It was just Madilyn and I and of course Madilyn didn't have any shoes on and I had forgotten my cell phone. Madilyn was screaming in the backseat because the car wouldn't start up again. (Not really)
I managed to pull my car off to the side of the road. I was in a residential neighborhood so I decided to get out and walk to some random house and make a phone call. My plan was to call Matt because that was the only number I had memorized. Luckily a really nice lady stopped as she saw me and Madilyn walking away from the car and asked if she could give us a ride. I think God was watching over me because this lady was really nice and took Madilyn and I home.
So now what? Michael is at school and I'm home and I have no car. Thankfully I have FANTASTIC neighbors and they let me borrow their car to go back and pick up Michael when school got over.

So, because my car wouldn't start and was just hanging out on the side of the road I had to call a tow truck.
And the really nice tow truck and tow truck guy came and took my car to the dealership so that it could get fixed.
And now I was stranded again. No car, two kids, stuck at home...when all of a sudden I ran in to 7 pirates!!!






Good thing they were cute pirates hua! Since I all of a sudden had all this "free" time I decided to put these pirates on a quilt. Actually, I have a baby shower coming up and wanted to make something cute so I embroidered these pirates then put the quilt together.

On Tuesday night Matt came home from work and wasn't feeling too well. By 10:00pm Matt was looking a bit pale and ended up throwing up. He stayed home from work on Wednesday and watched movies on the couch. He looked a lot like this...

All this time I was really bummed about not having a car. It was going to cost a lot of money to get my car fixed. Matt loves me very much so he just went and bought me a new car. Don't you just love the red color?
HA! I wish. Actually, the good news came on Thursday morning when we got a call that the car was fixed for less money then what was originally quoted to us. I guess some spring had come loose in the compression valve. Now, I know NOTHING about cars so I think that was what was wrong, but really that's all I remember. And that was my week. We are wrapping it up by doing laundry and running a few errands in my car that actually works now. I've learned my lesson......NEVER leave home without your cell phone. AND.....NEVER leave home without shoes for your children.

4 happy comments:
What a great story! I love the cute pirates, and getting them to cooperate and get on a quilt is nothing short of amazing.
Glad that car is fixed!!
Love the story and your pictures! So glad your car's fixed!
That doesn't sound like much fun but all's well that ends well...and for less money!
Sorry about your troubles, but I loved how you told the story and the pics!
Post a Comment